Friday, April 29, 2005

Time passes....


The last day of April is here, and I am thinking of chilling out on a beach somewhere as the unseasonal weather continues. The idea of a relaxing coffee, reading a good book, and just taking in the splendour of sydney on a mild autumnal day has a lot of appeal. As much as I am looking to leave this country for a good few years, it doesn't get much better than that.
An interesting conversation I had last weekend springs to mind. Someone I had just met says to me: "You know, you're just not passionate about very much are you? It sounds like you really aren't excited by work." And it is absolutely true.
Conversation turns to New York, and I fire up... then the question becomes: "Is it the city, or is it the girl?". A difficult question with no easy answer, a good three-quarters of a year since leaving NYC.
Finally: "Are you just waiting for a girl to walk into your life and change things?" Again, absolutely true.
A life spent so far trying to achieve to soothe the ego-it hasn't really led anywhere satisfying yet. I remember the days following my first job offer-the feeling that I was going to be part of the world's financial elite or something like that was great. Now, a year later, it is readily apparent that I am just yet another donkey, working amongst a bigger crowd of donkeys.

-"I have climbed, the highest mountains, I have roamed, through the fields, only to be with you..... only to be with you... but I still, haven't found, what I'm looking for"........

No comments: