Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year


Onward to 2006...

Three more days in Tokyo


Still in Tokyo, leaving for Osaka tomorrow on the shinkansen. Have been drinking solidly, its probably time to take it a bit easier and ease into the New Year.
Some things I've noted whilst I've been here:
* I have seen a ridiculous number of Brabus-es and other extremely exclusive automobiles. I've seen two Rolls Royce Phantoms, a Maybach and a countless number of SLK55's, CLS55's and Ferraris, Lambos...
* Almost every second girl has an LV bag. Given the amount of money that seems to be in this town, they're all probably real.
* The clubbing scene doesn't seem to be all that big. It seems to be more karaoke joints, amusement parks, small bars, restaurants and love hotels.
* The most amazing hole-in-the-wall scotch bar I have ever seen. We are going to return and take a photo with the head bar tender (who also has the coolest looking hairstyle I've ever seen.)
* So much style. I'm still constantly amazed by it all. Did I mention the girls are hot?
* There is no bad food-from the cheapest tempura udon and miso ramen upward, I have yet to experience a bad meal. MOS burgers are amazing.

No comments: