Sunday, January 09, 2005

Happy new year!


A happy new year to everyone....
Spent the new year in Singapore for Tim Wee's wedding - it was a nice occasion where I got roped into helping out and being a last minute groomsman. The first truly asian style wedding I've been to-knocking on the bride's door to try to gain access was definitely a novelty. I took one for the team and drank a revolting concoction of coffee, chilli sauce, soya sauce and god knows what else. It was a beautiful day and the bride and groom looked very much in love. Best wishes to the bride and groom as they start a new life in LA. This followed on from the previous night, being the 31st... so we woke up at 8am for the ceremony, and the rest of the boys were still asleep when Tim and I were walking around the lobby going "WTF?!"...

Zouk for the new year


It was a fun night spent at Zouk for the new year. Drum & bass, R&B, hard house, lots of party poppers, too much dancing, etc. Good times. Weird thing was that it was stopped at 2am by the police checking that the club wasn't over crowded. Joey had a she-male try to pick him up with the lines. "What's the time? Why no music?" when the music had stopped and the police were sending us outside.... He copped crap for that for the rest of the time I was there. Ended up getting home at 5am, just after the cut-off for getting a club sandwich. So slept for 2 hours and then got up for the wedding...

Goals for the year


I don't really have anything concrete to aim for this year. Enjoy life, save some money, do well at work, angle toward the coveted overseas transfer. That's about it really. Things may happen sooner than I think....

No comments: