A reminder of why I'm leaving the country
Was invited by a friend I haven't seen in ages to go to a singles mixer. Didn't manage to find a wingman so I went alone, knowing that I would probably run into all the people in aiesec that I never really got along with. I wanted to catch up with her, although I saw zero upside in the actual event given I'm leaving. It was good to see her and to chat with her for a bit.
The defining moment of the evening was when I saw one of those people from aiesec. She remembered my name, rolled her eyes and went to talk to someone else. That eye roll got to me. It was:
(a) not subtle
(b) seriously offensive
I want to get out of here and leave that kind of history behind me.
EDIT
Bygones. Whatever.
No comments:
Post a Comment