Saturday, September 03, 2005

A weird night out


Tonight, I started out with the intention to drink, talk crap most of the night and then head home. I knew that the night at Jackson's might be weird, but it was truly strange...

The last time I was at the second floor of Jackson's was last year for "Yet another asian dance party"

And this time, it was.. the same music.. the same people... all a bit older, maybe dating different people, maybe not taken/single anymore... and rather than these occasions happening every week/month... they're now yearly...

As someone said to me this evening - "surely this is the last time something like this is going to happen". I feel that if it is, its not too bad. Isn't it time to move on from the asian dance party - I highly doubt whether there was anyone who was truly new there tonight, that I most likely hadn't met elsewhere before. Everyone was exactly the same people that had been there - last year? the year before? the year before that? Ifk it is time to put an end to it - I don't think anyone will miss it too much.

Compounding the weirdness was seeing my ex around. Should I say hi? Should I interrupt her dancing with her new bf? Do I ignore them, despite the fact that they are not more than two steps away?

So. I went home. Now its time to watch Initial D until I fall asleep in front of the TV. Still a bit drunk. Maybe this post doesn't make sense....

No comments: